Today, we are pleased to release XenForo 1.4.9. This release fixes a number of bugs and issues that were found since the release of 1.4.8. As this is a maintenance release, the vast majority of the focus was an increase in stability.
Please note that we are now formally recommending that you upgrade to PHP 5.4 or newer. Our intention with XenForo 2.0 is to require PHP 5.4 or newer. If you are running PHP 5.3 or 5.2, you will receive a warning when installing or upgrading XenForo.
Some of the bugs fixed in 1.4.9 include:
See the Resolved Bug Reports forum for further information.
- Make changes to support version 2.4 of the Facebook API. This fixes problems registering via Facebook with newly created Facebook apps.
- Make the contact page trigger a redirect if it is not loaded in an overlay. If it is loaded in an overlay, reset the contact form after successful submission.
- Fix filter list input height in Windows 10 version of IE 11.
- Fix unexpected parsing of email addresses within autolinked URLs.
- Fix a situation where BB codes would not be stripped as expected from thread previews.
- Prevent double alerts in certain situations with profile post comments.
The following templates have had changes: