Automatically closes and opens your forum for the purpose of a complete database backup. This add-on is designed to work in conjunction with your server Cron which does a mysqldump backup of your database every day. The idea is to close the forum a couple minutes before the server Cron runs and open the forum a couple minutes after the server Cron is finished.
(Example of Options page)
View attachment 131 (Example of Log file)
View attachment 132 (Example of Cron Entry)
View attachment 133
- Writes to a log file to let you know exactly when your forum is closed and opened.
- All phrases start with boardactivecron_ for your convenience.
- Download boardactivecron_v1.0.zip and unzip it
- Upload the Andy directory to your server, the correct location is library/Andy
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the Install Add-on page
- Upload the addon-BoardActiveCron_v1.0.xml file
- Click the Install Add-on button
The Cron Entries will need to be adjusted twice a year if your server is in a timezone that uses daylight savings time.
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation. My PayPal email address provided upon request via Private Conversation.